11.01.2011

November!

I cannot believe it. Seriously cannot believe that it is November! October is one of my favorite months here in the commonweath because it is simply gorgeous. And with all those road miles I'm logging traveling from Cville and back, and even home and back this month, the beautiful foliage (I feel so adult when I use that word, haha) makes for a super pleasant drive!

The 1st of November also marks a month until my birthday (almost) on December 2nd and a little over a month until the St. Jude 1/2 Marathon for Team Kick on December 3rd. Can we say panic mode? Usually I am counting down the days until my birthday, but this year I am ALLLLLL nerves.

I keep trying to remind myself that I am not a runner, and I am doing my best, but honestly, that's not true. I am a runner because I choose to get off my butt and run 3-4 days a week. And really, right now, I am not dedicating as much time to running as a should. But, I am fitting it in 3-4 days a week in between school, working and trying to spend as much time with that boy as I can. And I am okay with that. I didn't make the decision to run this because I wanted to show off my running skillz (I am channeling my hometown today and the z just made sense, haha), I decided to run because I wanted to raise money for children's cancer. And that's what I'm doing.

I have come a long way in my running, and instead of panicking before a 3 mile run,  I look forward to it because it is one of my short runs! I am still not fast, but I'm chugging along and I am so glad my baby sister is running it with me. And S just let me know that he is planning on hopping in the car with my parents and coming to support me along with my bff Heidi. So happpyyy to spend my birthday and that weekend with them!

I would like to give a biiiggg shout out to those miles because despite eating like a banshee, I haven't gained any weight (most days, aka the days I eat microwave popcorn and Diet Coke for dinner).  However, it would have been nice to lose a few pounds and I think this last month before the 1/2 I am really going to be conscious of what I put in my mouth. Not only for my pants sake, but for the sake of my body on handling this 1/2 marathon. Don't get me wrong, I'm not inhaling whole cakes and pizzas at a time. But I loooooveee me some chocolate and the fact that we have M&M's and Hershey Kisses in bowls around my apartment is no good for me.

So here's to some November goals:
*Complete a shorter race before the 1/2 (I'm thinking a 5K in Charlottesville in two weeks for one of Stuart's roommates organizations)
*Track/be conscious of what I am putting into my body
*Enjoy the time at home with my family and friends over the Tgiving break!
*Get my schoolwork done :)

Happy 11.1.11 y'all. Can't wait til 11.11.11 so I can be wishing alllllll day ;)

2 comments:

Ashleigh Nichole said...

Aww I live in Cville! & such good goals! n yes 11.11.11 wil lbe pretty nice :) I mean after all who would not wanna wish all day? I also get to see a friend get married on that day :)Have a great week!

Claire said...

Foliage is SUCH an adult word- I try not to use it and seem too grown up haha! I kid. I am going to miss October BUT I love November because Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! Go girl- you got this race!!!!