11.23.2011

For Me, It's Not About The Food

No really, it's not. I don't like Thanksgiving food. I never have. I will eat my Sister Schubert rolls (oh my goodness if you have never had these do it nooowwww), my delish salad and my homemade Toll House pie (recipe to come later this week) with my family. With Stuart's parents I will probably eat a little ham, some more salad (they make it special for me, haha), perhaps more bread and more pie. And Diet Coke. The pilgrims and indians probably wouldn't have been down, but I certainly am.

I love Thanksgiving simply because I get to be with my family (and some very special friends). I also just love to party, for any reason. Also, Thanksgiving is usually the week before my birthday and I get some presents. So that's fun too, haha.

I heard in church on Sunday that we should be thankful every day. And I agree. A simple "thank you" can go a looonnnggggg way. And a shoutout to God to thank him for all he's blessed us with every day is important too. I'm not perfect, but I am working on it.

And since no thanksgiving post is complete without a thankful list, here is mine:

  • My awesomely amazing family. Seriously, I couldn't ask for better, more supportive, more loving parents and I am thankful for a little sister that keeps me on my toes :)
  • Stuart. I have never felt so thankful for him than I have after the past year. He is the best support system and my safe place. God truly sent him for me.
  • My bffs. Seriously. These girls (and Jim) are the ones who have been there for me through thick and thin and crazy and sane. I don't know what I would do without you guys.
  • The new friendships I have made through blogging. It's crazy that people read the things I write and can relate to me. Y'all are too sweet (girls that have awarded me recently, I have seen and read and will be posting later this week about them!! thank you so much!)
  • Speaking of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. I am so thankful for the marathon on Nick at Nite. I watch this show every night before bed and I have been without my DVD collection this week. Now I can finally sleep :)
  • A roof over my head, a warm bed, food for my belly, and a car to drive. 
  • My health and a body that can and will be running a 1/2 marathon next weekend. I am so blessed to be able to do the things I do and go the places I go.
  • God. Without him, I would be nothing. 
  • Jesus, for washing away my sins and loving me enough to go through the pain of the cross. J-man I can't wait to start celebrating your (our) birthday month on Friday!
Happy Tgiving y'all!

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Oh my goodness Sister Shubert rolls are my all-time fav! Couldnt find them in PA and am quite sad about it! Happy Thanksgiving!