I love Thanksgiving simply because I get to be with my family (and some very special friends). I also just love to party, for any reason. Also, Thanksgiving is usually the week before my birthday and I get some presents. So that's fun too, haha.
I heard in church on Sunday that we should be thankful every day. And I agree. A simple "thank you" can go a looonnnggggg way. And a shoutout to God to thank him for all he's blessed us with every day is important too. I'm not perfect, but I am working on it.
And since no thanksgiving post is complete without a thankful list, here is mine:
- My awesomely amazing family. Seriously, I couldn't ask for better, more supportive, more loving parents and I am thankful for a little sister that keeps me on my toes :)
- Stuart. I have never felt so thankful for him than I have after the past year. He is the best support system and my safe place. God truly sent him for me.
- My bffs. Seriously. These girls (and Jim) are the ones who have been there for me through thick and thin and crazy and sane. I don't know what I would do without you guys.
- The new friendships I have made through blogging. It's crazy that people read the things I write and can relate to me. Y'all are too sweet (girls that have awarded me recently, I have seen and read and will be posting later this week about them!! thank you so much!)
- Speaking of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. I am so thankful for the marathon on Nick at Nite. I watch this show every night before bed and I have been without my DVD collection this week. Now I can finally sleep :)
- A roof over my head, a warm bed, food for my belly, and a car to drive.
- My health and a body that can and will be running a 1/2 marathon next weekend. I am so blessed to be able to do the things I do and go the places I go.
- God. Without him, I would be nothing.
- Jesus, for washing away my sins and loving me enough to go through the pain of the cross. J-man I can't wait to start celebrating your (our) birthday month on Friday!