7.23.2012

Wishin' and Hopin' and Thinkin' and Prayin, Plannin' and Dreamin'

Summer who has the most adorable little girl, Kelcee, posted this song as a blog post title a bit ago and it has been in my head ever since!

It is such a true title for what is going on in my life right now as well. On a side note: if you haven't seen My Best Friend's Wedding (which this is the opening track), do it now. Ah, such a great story. And while I don't love the ending - I love every other second of the movie. Julia at her best, that is fo sho!


via

But anyways, right now all I can do is wish, hope, think and plan... and it is killing me!! I am such a planner by nature, although life rarely goes according to my plans. I think my interview on Friday went pretty well - and I know I would like the position. But, I don't have a gut feeling right now about it. Do I think that they liked me? Yes. But I have no idea whether they interviewed other people they might have liked better.

So right now I am just looking at apartments in the area of the job, trying not to get attached to anything and dreaming of what life would be like if Stuart was just down the road instead of two hours away. It's pretty easy to daydream about not having to get up at the buttcrack of dawn to drive a few hours home (lets be real - I never leave when I am supposed to). It's also pretty easy to think about the immediate fall together. Going to football games, traveling some, our annual trip to Carter Mountain. Ahhh... how nice it would be.

I am so not good at living in the moment, and I am trying so hard to not let the daydreaming and planning take over my life. This will (hopefully) be the last time I am living at home with my parents, my last summer in the 757 with some of my best friends, and my last time living with beach access within 5 minutes.

I am constantly reminding myself of this verse, an ever so popular one and for darn good reason:

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. "
Jeremiah 29:11


In other news - I went to the wedding of a dear high school friend of mine this weekend. Y'all it was OUT in the boonies. I had no cell service at all and I was gone for hours. Needless to say, I think this is the first time Stuart has ever worried about my safety. Not fun, is it babe ;)

She was a b-e-a-utiful bride and I LOVED her dress. I also loved catching up with some friends from high school... it was like a mini reunion, without the people you don't want to see.


Here are Lauren and I :) :


Annnddd I caught the bouquet. I clearly had to do a reenactment for Stuart the next morning (it was a really small ceremony so no one had dates!):


I am looking forward to being home a little bit as I finish up my field study. It will be nice not to live out of a suitcase for a weekend :)

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awh too cute! That movie is such a great one too!

Claire said...

1. You can bring Stuart to my wedding
2. I really like your reenactment pic
3. I really want you to get this job for the obvious reasons but also so I can come visit you!
4. We need to go to dinner soon!

xoxo