10.26.2010

Days 13-16

I know, I've been a bad blogger lately! To be fair, weekends are pretty busy around here :)

Day 13- Goals:
At this point in my life, my main goal is to graduate and find a job!
I'd also eventually like to be a Godly, submissive wife,
As well as a loving, teaching, supportive mother.
I'd also like to make a difference, whether that be through adoption work, adopting a child, or helping a child in need in whatever way possible.
Another goal is to get healthy and comfortable with my body, I know this is something we struggle with as women, but if I could just feel better about how I look and love myself regardless, that would be big strides in my life.
I would also like to strengthen my faith and my relationship with the Lord.

I think these are all goals to tackle one day at a time :)

Day 14- A picture I love!
... look up! I love the picture that is my header :) It is some of my best friends and I during one of the best weeks of my life :)

Of course, I can't just stop with one... I love pictures!

This was at a bar we went to after my 21st birthday surprise party (hence the tiara). I know it looks slightly posed, but I promise it wasn't. My best friend just captured it while we were smiling at each other, I think we had just finished laughing. I love this boy, and I love what this picture represents :)

This picture is of my favorite little boy in the whole world. Nick was the strongest fighter I have ever seen, and my desire to work with children stems from his little heart (excuse my chubby cheeks, I had just had my wisdom teeth out!). Unfortunately, Nick lost his year long battle with cancer in May, but I think about him every day and how lucky I was to know him. I'm going home in a few weeks for a walk, and I will be wearing red and walking in his honor. This picture has been my background since a few days before he died, and it will continue to be as a reminder of what a true fighter is, and why I raise money for St. Jude.

Day 15- Favorite Bible Verse

I have two that are on "virtual" stickies on my desktop as daily reminders. The first one is pretty popular, but I think it is a great reminder :)


"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight"
 --Proverbs 3:5-6
the next one is not as popular, but a great reminder for me of body image, and how what I say and do and present myself is a reflection of the Lord.
"Let us purify ourselves from everything that contaminates body and spirit, perfecting holiness out of reverence for God."
-2 Corinthians 7:1



And finally catching up... Day 16- Your dream home :)

First of all, my dad built the house my parents live in, and I grew up in, so I'd really like him to help my husband build my home :)

I'd love a brick cape cod with black shutters, and a black front door (like my parent's house)
I'd like it to have:
a galley kitchen that is open to the living room
a formal dining room ( with a china cabinet)
a formal living room (for me to hang my wedding portrait and children's portraits!)
a wrap around front porch for rockers
a large yard for my kids to play, and for cook outs!
a back deck with screened in porch attached :)
a sun room
a second floor with four bedrooms:
one as a master suite with master bath and walk in master closet
two connected by a jack and jill bathroom
a hall bath
a guest room
an office
a bonus room/media room
a deck off the master suite :)
and a two car garage!

I know, lofty aspirations! I will be happy in anything the Lord provides for me :) I know I haven't shown any pictures, but I'm at work and need to hop to it! I'll post some later if I get a chance :)

Have a great day!

No comments: