This is a picture of me from my boyfriend's 21st... he's the one who's shoulder you see, haha ;). My name is Megan and I am a senior at Virginia Tech. I'm planning to graduate in may with a degree in English, focusing in professional writing. Right now, I have no idea what to do with it! I'd be happy doing anything with people and words. Recently, I have considered going into adoption as a case study worker. We will see what God brings me :). I absolutely love Hokie football, my sisters (tridelta and real), peppermint hot chocolates from Starbucks, hot tea from ABP, fall, living at the beach when I am at my parent's house, decorating, music of any genre and a bunch of other stuff you probably aren't interested in, haha.
15 Interesting Facts:
1. Although I'm majoring in English right now, when I was younger I was determined to be a pediatrician. The whole math and science aspects of it turned me off, haha.
2. My boyfriend goes to UVA... Tech's arch rival. I never thought I'd be dating a 'hoo, or spend so much of my time in Charlottesville, a place I HATED from birth. He's worth sacrificing for :).
3. I was always meant to be a Hokie, but I didn't know it until I transferred to Tech my sophomore year of college. It was the best decision of my life.
4. My younger sister doesn't look or act anything like me. She is blonde and freckled and crazy fun, and I am so glad she is there to keep me on my toes!
5. I hate poor grammar, but I hate having to take grammar classes!
6. I am currently burning cd's for my road trip back to school today. It is going to be a day filled with outlet shopping with Stuart, dinner with friends in Charlottesville, riding to Roanoke with one of my favorite sisters, picking up another sister from the Airport, and finally getting home around 11 or so. I am so excited! (updated, I saved earlier because I ran out of time... today was awesome and I did just get home!)
7. My best friend's dad has a boat that I am obsessed with going out on. We got to go out for the last time yesterday :) I am so glad I came home to be able to do that!
8. I loveeeee dark chocolate and mint. Especially together!
9. I am a little obsessed with college football, and sorry Katie, I am NOT a fan of your buckeyes. Jim Tressel's sweater vests just creep me out, haha!
10. I love LOVE love St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, and I am proud to say that over my two years in Tridelta I have helped to raise over $100,000 for the hospital :)
11. I am a mountain girl most of the time, but I am so glad I grew up at the beach. I just hate the humidity!!!
12. I am a Dawson's Creek faithful, haha. Even though when it was on TV, I wasn't allowed to watch it. My best friend and I watched it the summer before I went to college and I just have fond memories. I probably watch the series once a year.
13. I am seriously considering a career in adoption. I know I want to help children, and I think helping families that want these children would be incredibly rewarding and something I would be good at.
14. I love sales! I once got two dresses and a skirt at Ann Taylor Loft for 9 dollars total. I just refuse to buy something that I don't need or that I can't pay the least amount possible for.
15. I am so thankful that Jesus is my savior. I don't know who I would be or what I would do without that constant reassurance.
Have a great day!