I thought I'd go ahead and do a little update since it's been about 3 months since the original post :) I've made some headway, but I am nowhere near done!!
So I know I'm a little late to the game, being that my birthday was almost 4 months ago; but, I decided there are some things I want to accomplish by the time I turn 24 and posting them here would give me some accountability! (Side note: 24?!? How did I end up here? I feel like I should maybe be turning 22 soon, but not 24!)
Here is my list of 24 in 24:
- Run my first FULL marathon for St. Jude on December 1st, 2012 (the day before I turn 24!). Just signed up as of 6/15, ahhh!!
Run the 3.2 for the 32 in honor of April 16, 2007.Completed 4/16. Duhhhh!
- Run another 1/2 marathon, but this time with S. And beat him! Convincing him that running the Cville 1/2 is a great pregame to a UVA tailgate ;)
- Find and stay at my happy weight.
- Read the whole bible.
- Start Jesus Calling.
- Graduate for the 2nd time! Walked across the stage 5/12, will be complete in August!
Watch Stuart graduate.Completed 5/20 Help Stuart move and decorate his new place!Moved in 6/3, and I helped 6/8-10
- Raise $2,000 for St. Jude.
- Help Nicole find her dream wedding dress.
Stop biting my fingernails.
- Grow my hair out.
- Move out of my parent's house.
- Find a job! In the process, I apply constantly!
- Go to at least 1 summer concert at the beach.
- Complete my field study having learned lots of new skills. In progress and loving it!
- Come back to at least 3 Tech home games in the fall. Seats picked out, just waiting for Fall!
- Go to Stuart with some UVA games. Bought our tickets, just waiting for Fall!
- Go beer tasting at Starr Hill.
- Read 10 new books.3/10 (50 Shades Trilogy)
- Learn to cook 10 new recipes.
- Celebrate my 3rd anniversary with Stuart.
- Take a spontaneous road trip.
I hope to post an update on this every month. Some things are time sensitive, and running the full is going to be a HUGE undertaking, but I am already anticipating crossing that off on the night before my birthday. I loved being a part of the St. Jude Marathon weekend last year and I can't picture a better way to spend my birthday than raising money for the kids of St. Jude.