Happy Tuesday y'all... is it Thursday yet?
I am currently taking a few minutes to blog that I probably should be running. To be fair, it would take me a lot longer to drive to McComas, run and drive back than it will for me to write this blog post. I am currently in the middle of studying for two midterms I have tomorrow... blech. I am not a studier. Give me a prompt and I can give you a paper, and a pretty darn good one at that. But tests are not for me. At all.
In other news, Stuart will be heading to Bburg this weekend and I could not be more excited. I hate long distance so much. One day we might end up in the same town. I keep praying for it!
A little update on 1/2 marathon training:
1. I am not running near as much as I should be. In fact, I haven't run since Friday. I knew this week would be a mess. I might be able to slip a run in tomorrow, at least a short one.
2. At least I am making all of my long runs. Last week was 5 miles. This week is 6. I'm planning on getting that done on Thursday.
3. My times are getting better too. I never knew that I could run two miles under 17 minutes.
4. After reading a ton of running blogs, I feel like I should be running 8 minute miles. I think I might be able to run one mile in a little over 8 minutes. I know I just started, but I keep putting this crazy pressure on myself.
5. We have surpassed our halfway goal! Less than 8 weeks to race day!
6. That scares me. Only 8 weeks. Ahhhhhh.
Anyone have any running encouragement for me? Everything I've read says not to place a time goal for your first 1/2, but this is my first race period beyond a 5K I ran two years ago for the victims of April 16th (I wanted to run last year but it got rained out).
Have a great night! This girl needs to get back to Family Financial Management and Family Law and Public Policy... woooo.