10.17.2011

A 757 Weekend

Happy Monday! Hope y'all had a great weekend :). I know I did!

I headed out to Charlottesville Thursday night and spent some time with Stuart, which is always a mood booster. I cannot wait until we live in the same town! I got up pretty early Friday morning, grabbed some Bodo's (if you ever are around Charlottesville, go to Bodo's... best bagels ever!!) and hit the road. I arrived just in time to visit with my grandmother and headed to a doctors appointment.

I then met up with Heather, got my eyebrows waxed and spend some time in Target and headed out to Mexican with the fam... my favorite. I spent the rest of the night chatting with my parents and went to bed pretty early because I knew I needed to get up for a nice run.

Saturday started with that run and got more exciting from there. Heather and I headed to her church's rummage sale and then hit the road for Norfolk for some tailgating. The weather was absolutely perfect and we found a great parking spot before heading to my parent's tailgate spot!

Here is our setup. Even for CAA football we put up a tent! And yes, that is my padre standing there with his hands on his hips!

Hev and I :)
It wouldn't be a tailgate without some Hokie representation (or Coors and Chick-fil-a, haha!)

After tailgating with the 'rents and some family friends, we headed off to find Kylee! We have known each other f.o.r.e.v.e.r. (literally since birth) and I was so excited to see her. You made it on the blog, Ky!
And here are all three of us girls. These girls are two of my favorite people and best friends. P.S. We were all wearing white because it was homecoming and the white out game!
After a few beers we headed into the stadium for the game! They were handing out some sweet sunglasses and towels, and y'all know what a sucker I am for free stuff. Here is Hev and I with our sweet glasses!
And here are the mighty Monarchs taking the field!

We headed out shortly after halftime because Hev had a going away party to attend and I needed to get home in time to see my Hokies play! The first quarter was a nailbiter but after that my parents showed up after staying for the end of the ODU game along with their bff's the Johnsons and we all settled in with some pizza for a Hokie win!

We got up Sunday morning, headed to church and had lunch at Chili's with our pastor and his wife who are like second parents to me (side note: we don't have a Chili's anywhere out here and I am obsessed with their chips and salsa!!). Mama and I spent some time at Michael's looking for some craft stuff and I hit the road to Charlottesville for the night. Stuart and I had a nice dinner at Mellow Mushroom and then settled in to watch some movies with his roommates :) I finally headed back to the 'burg this morning pretty sad after such a great weekend filled with all kinds of people I love! At least the drive was beautiful... Virginia Octobers are the BEST!!!

Hope you all had a great weekend. I know I did :)

P.S. I don't eat out ALL the time, I just happen to do it more at home and in Charlottesville when I can have things I don't normally have!

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

i have even had Bodo's in SC! My aunt, uncle, and cousin live in C-ville and always bring them over Christmas! Yummy! And Mellow Mushroom is my favvvv!