12.08.2011

Rough

"The official name is Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. It's not a curriculum or a setting for everyone. But most students who are there want to be nowhere else. That spirit seems to endure long after leaving Blacksburg. Once a Hokie, always a Hokie".
It's been a rough day here in Blacksburg, and it will probably continue to be for a while. Please keep the Virginia Tech police officer's family in your prayers as you go to sleep tonight. Their Christmas is going to be quite different this year.
Regardless of what has happened both today and in 2007, my heart will always be in Blacksburg and I will always be proud to be a Hokie. We will prevail, like we always do.
This was just taken a few minutes ago from the top of War Memorial Chapel looking out over the drillfield towards the Duckpond with the caption, "God is welcoming another Hokie into heaven tonight."

3 comments:

Lindsey Leigh said...

Sooo sad. I have been lifting up the family of the fallen and Virginia tech in my prayers all day.

Charlotte said...

I've been thinking of you today! Will continue to keep yall in my prayers!

Cori H. said...

Praying for all of you!