2.07.2012

What's Your Love Story?

Happy Tuesday y'all! We are a week from Vday (although I will be celebrating this weekend) and Becky at From Mrs. to Mama  is doing a link up. If you are single she has questions for you too! I thought this might be a fun way to kick off the Valentine's Day spirit :). Although I feel like I show Stuart I love him everyday and Vday for me is about the chocolate, haha ;). I will do a reveal of what I got him just because I want to have it for my own memories but I will have to do that after this weekend!!


Taken Ladies

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
Just over 2 1/2 years.

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}

The short version: We actually met in high school but he was dating one of my good friends (don't worry, before anything EVER happened I got the okay from her!). I ended up inviting him to a Corey Smith concert I was going to with one of my best friends and her boyfriend and it turned in to a double date/our first date! A week later he kissed me in the rain on the beach and the rest is history. ;)

3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}

I am not married but it is definitely something we are talking about right now. I would be incredibly lucky to marry this man. 

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?  If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?
We would probably get married in our hometown at my parents church just because that would be the easiest, although I doubt we will be living there at the time! And big, definitely. My family alone is over 100 people!

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
I know I have shared this on the blog before but we call each other Boots. I have no idea where it came from! We have been doing it for a while.

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.

He is incredibly open and friendly to everyone he meets. Seriously, he is the nicest person and is such a good influence on me. He is a hard worker and is good with money (which I am NOT) and he knows how to "deal" with me when I am being crazy or goofy or any variety of emotions. I could go on and on. Sorry, that was probably more than three. ;)

7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
My ideal proposal would be just the two of us (mayyybbee a photographer hidden in the bushes) at one of "our" places. I have never wanted to be asked that in front of a bunch of people because I want it to be an intimate moment and I am not a cute crier haha. Plus I want to be able to call and tell people because I feel like that would be so exciting to do!

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
Definitely flowers and teddy bear (and chocolate cause he knows his woman ;). 

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?

Definitely pop in a movie and relax. Although I wouldn't turn down a sunset beach dinner ;)

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?

I want to travel across the United States. I think it would be such a fun road trip and we would probably want to kill each other at some point, but I think it would be an incredible journey!

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
We are going to see Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall and Larry the Cable Guy. So us!

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
Not really. We are going to see the show and go to dinner together and that is fine with me :)

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Be open and honest. Our relationship suffers so much when either of us is trying to hide something from the other.

14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.
This is so us and so our relationship. Laughing at each other being ridiculous. Love.


Thanks for letting me share this and I will be impressed if you made it all the way through!

11 comments:

Sarah @ 90 Percent Blonde... said...

Aw, he sounds like a great guy!

Mrs. Mama said...

He sounds like an amazing guy, and sounds like you two have an amazing relationship. You had me at the "kiss in the rain on the beach." melted my heart!

LOVE that last picture of you two!

Katie said...

Awww... 'kiss in the rain' so romantic!

Nicole @ Suddenly Snowden said...

What a sweet story!! I'm glad I got to read it through the link up :)

Roxy said...

I feel you on the big family thing. I had a big fat Korean wedding. :)

Roxy
This South Korean's Got Seoul

Claire said...

That picture is my new favorite of y'all! This looks so fun to do- I want to do it for tomorrow! Xoxoxo

Charlotte said...

so so cute! love this linkup. glad i found it on your blog. you and stuart and tyler and i have very similar interests- wish we lived close to double date haha!

Summer said...

first off I puffy heart your blog. i will try to come back and follow it won't let me now lol! what a cute story! I love the boots nickname awesome ha! Laughter is so key in a relationship I love the pic of ya'll happy in love and laughing. Loved your story!

Summer

Amber said...

Your blog is adorable! I'm so glad I found it through the link up! What a sweet pic of the 2 of you!

Kat said...

Love the first kiss in the rain :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great guy! Love your ideal proposal! My hubs mom was in the trees up above watching, I wish she would have taken pictures!