4.07.2013

Engagement Picture Weekend


Happy Sunday night! Does anyone else dread Sunday nights as much as I do? I think we should have five day weekends and two day work weeks ;).

But this weekend was awesome! My bff/one of my bridesmaids came up Friday night to help me get ready and get outfits and stuff together for our engagement pictures on Saturday. We took her straight to Mellow (of course) for dinner ANNNDD it was nice enough to sit outside!!

We spent the rest of Friday night working on some props for our pictures (to come ;) ), and getting outfits together. Saturday AM we got up and got our nails done and just hung out for a bit. Bonus - this place was right by Stuart's apartment and the shellac was cheap and they did a great job. I was pleased. I wanted to go natural and this color was called "Beau" which was quite fitting for the days events spent with my Beau!


Unfortunately, we got a call from our photographer (who I adore!) that Carter Mountain, where we had planned to take our photos, is closed through next weekend. I panicked at first, talked to mama and still decided to have our pictures that day. Stuart didn't care either way, but since Ben was already down from Maryland (DC/NOVA/MD girls, he is AWESOME) for the weekend for our pictures, I wanted to go ahead and get the majority done. He is a UVA grad whose parents and sister live in the area so he told me we could run up to the mountain one weekend and just get some shots the next time he is back in the area.

Fortunately it was an absolutely BEAUTIFUL day - we couldn't have asked for any better weather. We trekked around grounds (UVA's campus) and to the downtown mall for some shots. I cannot wait to see them! Hev took this one of Ben shooting some shots for us :).




She was such a trooper all weekend and I am so thankful for a friend that is willing to give up a weekend to spend time helping me out with stuff. Thanks again Hev! We headed to Plaza for some well deserved drinks after we were done with the pictures. I think we spent about 2 1/2 hours walking all over Cville!


This morning we got up and grabbed breakfast on the Corner before driving around Rugby Rd. and looking for Hev's sorority house (she was a ZTA) and her boyfriends frat house (PIKE) before she headed out of town. 

Today has consisted of a TJ Maxx trip, some Target parusing and Froyo for dinner. It has been nice enough to drive with the windows down and I am a happy camper :)


I can't wait to get back some of the professional shots and share them with you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We will be having a repeat of adventures ASAP after my vacays!!!