7.26.2011

Running Like Crazy

Yesterday I got this crazy idea in my head. It wasn't just a fleeting thought, in fact, I spent most of the afternoon researching it. And by this morning, I had the go ahead to do it. Yes... that's right ladies. I will be running a 1/2 marathon for my birthday.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Let's be real. I'm not exactly in the best shape. But, I've always been a decent enough runner when I put the time in and was running regularly. This is going to push me to my limits. If you've run a full marathon before and want to tell me this is no big deal- please don't! It's a big deal to me!

I emailed my parents about it yesterday afternoon, and waited to hear back. Around 6pm I got a phone call from my baby sister stating that she was going to run it with me- and I hadn't even heard back from my parents yet! Needless to say, Bev and Ed are on board and Nat and I are going to run together, in memory of Nick and Kaleb.

Nick is the little boy that I knew that went to St. Jude that is my motivation for going back to school, and Kaleb is my 17 month old cousin that passed away in January due to heart complications. Lets just say we have some serious motivation with those two boys behind us :)

So yes, on the day after my 23rd birthday I will be running 13.1 miles. Crazy, but exciting. I'll post the website later on in the week once we get everything set up if you feel lead to donate!

Have a great day!

3 comments:

The Howard Bunch said...

You are amazing!! I have been wanting to do this ever since I found out I was pregnant again. I think it's such an amazing way to get into shape, do something fun, and run for a great cause!

The Howard Bunch said...

Thehowardbunch@hotmail.com. =)

Unknown said...

go girl! i'm training for a half marathon in OCtober!