A Crazy Couple of Weeks

Finally, I am back! I am back on Facebook, back wearing letters and lounging at the Dolphin Tank, and back catching up on blogging. Last week was a rough one to say the least. Recruitment got moved around due to weather, which led to me being up at 4:15 on Sunday and not getting close to sleep until 3 on Monday. Needless to say, we got some HOTTTT new delta babes that I am so excited about. Nat went Sigma Kappa, which is P.E.R.F.E.C.T. for her and she is SO thrilled! I am just pumped to be back with my sisters. I may or may not have cried when running through the doors of our big room to Heidi, my little and two of my perfect little pnms that went Tridelt, woooooo! (Needless to say, I about attacked everyone in that room that I adore, so many of them!)

Sadly though, I got a phone call Monday around 2am from my momma, letting me know that our sweet baby Kaleb had passed away. Needless to say, it was a shock, seeing as he was only seventeen months old and we were not at all prepared for it. He was born with a few heart conditions and while he had several surgeries to repair, they think he had an aneurysm to his heart. He is my cousin Tyler and his wife April's middle child, and they are so young ( 28 and 22) so please keep them in your prayers. They have been so incredibly strong.

This is Kaleb with his older brother Kaiden this past summer

Natalie and I headed down to Georgia on Wednesday for the funeral on Thursday, and I am so glad we spent time down there with our family. The funeral was beautiful and we released balloons to Kaleb afterwords at the graveside. Fortunately for Tyler and April they have incredibly supportive families and have been clinging to Jesus with all that they are. Tyler even reaffirmed his faith after the funeral, and he has been the strongest man I have ever seen. They have two other children, Kaiden who will be three in April, and Alena Grace who is six months. Both of their other babies have really helped them get through this as well. Again, this is going to be a hard road for them so please, please, please keep them in your prayers.

I am happy to be back in Blacksburg though. After a tough drive down (spending an hour stopped totally on 81 because of the weather), an even tougher drive back (starting at 3 am unexpectedly) and a bout of the stomach flu for my mom, my aunt, my meme, me (after arriving in Charlottesville Friday afternoon) and Stuart (last night), it is nice to be home. I get to sleep in my own bed tonight, and I get to sleep in a little tomorrow. I am also super excited to finaaallllyyyy go out with my sistas tomorrow night. I. CAN. NOT. WAIT!

Oh, I also got to talk to a child life specialist while in Atlanta. I realllllyyy think this is what I want to do, I just have to figure out for sure what track to take. If you could throw a prayer in for me while you're at it, I'd really appreciate it :) Have a great week!

No comments: