1.18.2011

Top Two Tuesday and Weekend Ramblings

First off, head on over to Taylor at the Undomestic Momma, and link up with her always adorable, Top 2 Tuesday :) This week's theme is the top two outfits you are loving for spring :)

1. This adorable Nautical look from J Crew. My sister bought me the shirt for Christmas, and I am loving it now with skinny jeans and brown boots, but I love the thought of transitioning it for spring with a high waisted khaki skirt! Too cute :) 

via j crew

2. I am a bridesmaid in a wedding this summer and I am loving this Banana Republic one shouldered dress for the rehearsal dinner. I love the light purple and the classic, clean lines. I'm begging it to go on sale ;). I'd probably pair it with my platinum Jack Rogers, or maybe some strappy sandals.


Now, for a weekend update :). This weekend was so much of a whirlwind for me, with the beginning of sorority recruitment! We got into bed late and got up early every day, preparing for the girls. I am more nervous about their party lists than they are, I think! We had to call a girl early Sunday morning to let her know she had been dropped because of grades, and that was incredibly hard. On an up note, my baby sister seems to be doing incredibly well and enjoying herself at that. 

I am also happy to be back in my own bed :) The Holiday Inn in Blacksburg is lovely (no seriously, they have granite countertops) but nothing tops being back in my own cozy place. That is not to say that I didn't absolutely love my roommates, or that I don't miss my rg partner, Heather. For real, we have had the best time together, constantly laughing and really leaning on each other when we were having a hard situation with the girls. I wish I had pictures, but honestly, we all look rough throughout this process, haha.

On another note, my bff has granted me permission to give out her blog address, so go check her out! Heather is a grad student, getting her masters in Education to become an elementary school teacher, so she probably has a lot in common with some of you guys!

Have a great Tuesday :) 

1 comment:

Kit said...

Great choices! I just love all of J Crew's spring collection!