7.17.2014

11.2.13 - The Morning and The Best Gift

I woke up about 6:30 on Saturday morning wanting to pinch myself - I could hardly believe this day that I had been dreaming about and planning for was finally here! I was willing Heather to wake up next to me so I could talk her ear off - and thank goodness, with a little tossing and turning, she did :). I checked through my instagram feed and saw that Kylee had posted some pictures of us in celebration of the big day, so I immediately liked them! Once she saw that I liked them, she came running into my room and hopped in bed with us. I could hardly contain myself I was so excited. 

The three of us were all snuggled in my bed when we saw some headlights coming down the driveway - it was my hairdresser, an hour early! Thank goodness she did because we were still cutting it close by the time we left my parents house to head to the hotel to get ready.

We spent the morning hanging out downstairs at my parents house eating and talking while every one took turns getting their hair done. Apparently I should have taken more pictures because there are none! My girls looked adorable in their monogrammed shirts and my mom went the extra mile on mine and got mine done in the "wine" color my girls wore, complete with the "I do" and "11-2-13" on the cuffs. How sweet is she?


Once all of my girls had their hair done, I sat in the chair and got mine done. My hairdresser was fabulous and made sure it was exactly what I wanted - I wanted something up off of my neck because I loved the back of my dress and my neckline, but I wanted it to be loose around my face. She did exactly that and made sure to show my bridesmaids how to fix my hair if it needed to be fixed - perfection! You can kind of see it in this picture - it was parted on the side, curled and pulled back loosely.


While I was in the chair getting my hair done, my bridesmaids were being very sneaky. Heather brought me in this big scrapbook and told me that it was a gift from everyone - and it was! Although, sneaky Hev put everything together - and it was AMAZING. It was a scrapbook full of letters from my girlfriends, bridesmaids, aunts, mom and the last was a letter from Stuart that had a set of vows he had written just for me. I SOBBED my eyes out reading it - thank goodness they gave it to me before I had my makeup done! It was one of my absolute favorite gifts ever and I still read it like once a month and get teary eyed. The sweetest and best gift ever!









It was the sweetest gift and I treasure it SO MUCH!

When we arrived at the hotel, Stuart's dad was just getting there delivering groomsmen and some of them saw me - the looks on their faces when they saw my red and blotchy face was too funny. I reassured them they were good tears!

Up next - getting dressed :)


No comments: