5.20.2013

It's the Final Countdown!

Happy Monday, friends. Hopefully this will be the last Monday you are at work for the month of May. It will be for me, and I could not be more excited about it!

We had a great weekend filled with friends - and I have absolutely no pictures from it. I worked Saturday morning, which wasn't as bad as I anticipated. I got up super early and grabbed Bodo's Bagels for all of my families coming to visit (and the few other people in my office) and had a great morning chatting with potential students. 

It was a bit cray because it was graduation weekend, but other than that, not an issue. I even got to dress up one of my colleagues and a graduate for our Ajani celebration. Ajani is a celebration for students graduating who have participated in diversity programming and inclusive excellence. I didn't get to go to the ceremony, but I tied a big ole southern bow for the headwrap for my colleague. Everyone that goes to Ajani wears traditional African attire. Its awesome!

(See that bow on Britt, the one in the orange. That was my contribution ;) )

Saturday night we headed to Richmond to have dinner with a friend from high school and her husband. Dinner was delicious and it was so nice to spend time with another couple. We don't have hardly any couple friends in the 'ville and it was nice to relax and chat with them!

Yesterday we spent all day watching The Office. Nope - I had never seen an episode until Friday night. I am a little late to the ballgame on these things. After sucessfully doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, we went to dinner with one of Stuart's groomsmen, Sean. We LOVE Sean and it was awesome spending time with him!


Right now I am counting down for a few things (but still trying to enjoy the moment - hard for an impatient one like me):


  • The beach with our closest friends - 4.5 days!!!! I cannot wait to be down in Duck for the weekend. The beach is CALLING MY NAME PEOPLE!
  • Closing on our house - 11 days!! I cannot wait to just SEE it again. I may or may not drive by a couple times a week. And I cannot wait to start getting my hands on projects!
  • S family wedding weekend - 12 days! I love weddings in general, and I am excited to spend some time with S's extended family :).
  • Our wedding - 167 days and counting! I couldn't leave that one out y'all.
Enjoy your Monday!









No comments: