9.11.2012

I Remember, and a Little Recap

"Tonight, I ask for your prayers for all those who grieve, for the children whose worlds have been shattered, for all whose sense of safety and security has been threatened. And I pray they will be comforted by a power greater than any of u
s, spoken through the ages in Psalm 23: 'Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.'" --President George W. Bush September 11, 2001.



I remember where I was. I remembered this morning when I heard Alan Jackson's song "Where Were You (When the World Stopped Turning)?". I remembered those men and women who lost their lives just going to work, I remembered the firefighters and police officers that lost their lives trying to save others. I remember the people that just got on an airplane that ended up in a field or building, and the people that worked in the Pentagon that day. I remember. And I am thankful to live in the best country in the world with the best firefighters, police officers and military that fight for my freedom and keep me safe here at home. I remember.



_____________________________________________________________________________________________





I just couldn't let this day go by without acknowledging it. 



But - an update was requested, and an update you shall have!



I did my first official maid of honor duty and went to a bridal show with my bff!



We then jetted off to the Bahamas, where I won a little bit of cash money

And we spent lots of time babysitting my precious cousins!

The skinny arm was taught to the 6 year old

and I spent lots of time holding this little rascal.

We took pictures with the gorgeous scenery

and slowed down enough to take a picture in the aquarium.

I got nice and sunburned 

and had my makeup done by the two year-old pro :).


I went to my last country concert for the summer during my last Friday night home with my bff and some of my favorite friends from High School.


And we made it to two Hokie games and a Cav game. :) ALL of which were won!




Ohhhh and one more thing... I GOT INTO GRAD SCHOOL!!!!



 




No comments: