It is has obviously been a while since I have found time to blog, and here are a few of the reasons why (linking up with Carissa @ Lowercase Letters ):
1. I graduated! Wooo, done with my English degree. I had a few friends and a bunch of family head all the way to the burg to help me celebrate. The only problem is, I don't feel graduated at all, considering I am staying at Tech, haha. But, it was a great weekend, and it was nice to celebrate :).
2. I helped my friend Kelley celebrate her upcoming (not anymore!!) nuptuals with a Bachelorette party at home. We had a blast! We ended up getting her a hotel room and decorated it with pink and black. All of the bridesmaids wore matching tank tops and we made shirts (well Hev did) with Team Bride on them for everyone else. We had a great time at dinner, singing karaoke, and just laughing with each other. We even managed to completely surprise her with everything!
3. After that crazy Friday night, I was bound for the Bahamas! My sister and I went to help my cousin and her husband with her two little kids. Free trip to the Bahamas? HECK YES! We ended up eating Ben and Jerry's every night and spending all day in the pool or at the beach. Paradise. I am dying to go back with Stuart and some friends.
4. I started work again! I'm working thirty hours a week this summer at Tech in the College of Architecture and Urban Studies. I am also attempting to take 18 credit hours this summer, which makes for a verrryyy busy girl!
5. Surprise early anniversary celebrations. On a random Friday a few weeks ago, I found out Zac Brown and Kenny Chesney were playing in DC. Now, I LOVE Kenny, and I have seen him pretty much every summer since high school. Stuart isn't a huge country fan, but he is obsessed with Zac Brown Band. Needless to say, I hopped online, bought some cheap(er) tickets and booked us a hotel for the night of the concert. We had a blast, and I was so excited to find something for Stuart for our anniversary that I knew he'd love.
6. Mama had surgery and I wanted to be there for her. While I love being in Blacksburg, being here this summer is new for me and I miss home! My mama had a knee replacement last week, and luckily I work for a great place that let me take time off to go home and take care of her. She's doing great now, and I am so proud of her!
7. KELLEY GOT MARRIEDDD! This Saturday one of my dear friends, Kelley, married the love of her life. Y'all, I have no doubt about these two. We had a great time celebrating, and now looking back, we can laugh at the stuff that stressed us out at the time. I plan on having a whole post about this weekend. I cannot believe its over with, but I am sooooo happy for those two!
Pictures to come, I'm just at work and its way toooo hard to do!